The Most important part of your body, your Torso.
Understanding the Torso or Core.
Before I begin showing the swing, I would like to discuss the Core or Torso, so that you may have a full knowledge of what the core really is. Your understanding of your body’s makeup will help you understand the major league swings. Please, be sure you understand these facts before you continue.
- Some people don't understand where the Core is.
- Some people believe the core to be just the midsection of the torso, the abdomen area.(left pic)
- Some people believe the core to be just along the spine. (center pic)
- The core of the body is actually the entire Torso. (right pic)
- The torso starts from the top of the shoulders and goes all the way down to the bottom of the pelvis (What you sit on in a chair)
- Legs and Arms are attached to the Torso, not the Torso attached to the legs and arms.
- When you move the core or torso, your arms are moved by the torso. It is important that you understand this, because it is the torso that swings the arms, not the arms that pulls torso around.
- Hips are usually described as that part of the body that is right below your waist line.(left)
- Hips are here in the right picture. This is where we should swivel for touching our toes during a stretching exercise.
- The pelvis is actually part of the torso. (skeleton pic)
- A person can live without their legs and arms which makes the Torso the most important part of the body when it comes to life. You don't have to have them in order for you to continue to live.
- Torso also holds more than 50% of the bodys’ muscles and many of the muscles of the legs and arms are connected to the Torso.
Please Continue....take the Core Challenge
I am taking any and all constructive comments regarding this site because I want it to be the best resource for teaching about hitting.
If you have anything to offer don't hesitate to send me an email:
"Knowledge is Power and Power is only in Natural Hitting"